100-200 pushups a day?

Patient

Q: I am 13 years old. Will doing 100-200 pushups a day help me build muscle? If so how long will it take to notice results?

Doctor

A:   Thank you for your question. Any type of resistance training such as push ups will indeed assist in building muscle, especially if you do as many repetitions per day as you are attempting. How long it will take to notice results is entirely up to your level of fitness at the beginning of this work out as well as your genetic predisposition. Certain individuals are genetically predisposed to building muscle faster than others. We recommend that you approach building muscle in a gradual manner in order to prevent injury and create lasting results.

Thank you for choosing Askthedoctor.com