Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > 11 days ago my boyfriend and I had unprotected sex

11 days ago my boyfriend and I had unprotected sex

Patient: 11 days ago my boyfriend and I had unprotected sex. My boyfriend did not finish the entire time he was with me. He peed many times before we engaged in sex. I expect my period around the 18th every month. Since the time we had sex, I have been worrying myself over small details and have been completely stressed out from it. Two days ago, I got my period. It was very heavy, which is normal. But it completely stopped after about 32 hours. My period usually lasts 3-4 days. I am now experiencing small amounts of blood when I wipe. Could this be because I am stressed? Or implantation bleeding..?

Doctor: Hi,Thanks for the query.I understand your concern.Little bit of irregularity in periods can occur due to many causes.As you mentioned stress and strain, lifestyle modifications etc can affect the menstruation.Usually menstrual cycle with length of 21 days to 35 days and menstrual flow for 2 to 7 days should be considered as normal only.Sometimes after cessation of active flow, spotting can be seen for few days, which may subside soon.So, better to wait for few more days.If you are having doubt regarding pregnancy, please go for urine pregnancy test once.Take care