12 weeks without a period?

Patient

Q: Hi, I am a little concerned with the way my body is acting and i'm not quite sure what to think of it. I am 20 years old, and I am a full time student. I am sexually active with the same partner for the past year. He and I always use protection, and when there isn't any available we use the withdraw method. I have always had irregular periods and the longest I had ever gone without a period was 10 weeks. My last period was in late October, and I haven't had a period since. That would mean it's currently been 12 weeks since my last period.. I have taken multiple pregnancy tests all of which say I am negative. If i'm not pregnant then why am I not getting a period? I don't understand.

Symptoms:  The only symptom I have is spotting on and off for the past month or two
Doctor