Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > 13 year old — behaviour

13 year old — behaviour

Patient: Hi sir, I need your help, my wife gave birth to twin daughters, and as my sister in law did not had any child, they adopted one of my daughters, when my daughter was 9 months old, Now both the daughters are 13 years old, the problem is with the daughter with my sister in law, lets name her as ‘ X’, She is getting more nd more inclined towards boys , she has started liking a boy, 2 years senior, in her school, she is just in class 8, 2 days back she suddenly left home in the afternoon to meet him, and God saved her , but was molested, and touched, she agrees, what she did was wrong, but she does not want break the friendship with him, now we are very worried about her future, how to handle this shituation, her friend circli is also of the same kind of kids, so changing school, does not look as a very good option, the home where they stay is a little backward area in delhi, I do not want to be rude, or spank her, pls , advise

Symptoms: Bad bahiviour, over friendly towards opposite sex

Doctor: Hello,Thank you for your medical query at AskTheDoctor.comI understand your concern.As a teenager, we really don ‘t process the life properly and make a lot of mistakes. The more you try controlling her the more she will end up rebelling. You need to talk to her patiently and explain why she should be careful. There is nothing wrong about talking to the opposite sex or being friends with them, however, she must have some limitations which she should be aware of. The parents have to be their friends in this situations.A psychologist counselling will help her, who can keep reinforcing what is important and how she should carry herself forward.Hope this was helpful,Regards