Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > 13 year old female ive been having pains under my

13 year old female ive been having pains under my

Patient: 13 year old female. ive been having pains under my boobs. Im assuming its my rib cage. Everytime i laugh or cough it hurts. this pain just started yesterday . Any ideas?

Doctor: Hi.Thanks for your elucidate history of pains at a position you explained and increases on laughing and coughing.M ost likely reason looks to a condition called costochondritis.Please take a course of anti-inflammatory like Ibuprofen for you weight at 8 hourly interval after food and you may be fine.Definitely getting checked by a Doctor is always a good habit so that nothing is missed, diagnosed and treated in time so that the no problems in future.Hope this helps you.