x
78 Physicians Online

Question:

13 year old with weight issues

Hi im 13 years old and i weigh 160 lbs and im 5'1". I eat ALOT but i cant help it im never full. I had a large frie veggie burger onion rings ice cream apple and a cookie, thats a small meal. in fact im a vegetarian and since i became vegetarian last year ive gained 40 lbs. All the fat justgoes to my belly. I have trouble with running walking pushups and gym class in general. I have been called things like Fat Balloon Tubby marshy pillow belly and even told by my best friend that im a obese fat pig with a problem. What do I do? I just wanna be normal Oh and i were plus size womens and it is to small and tight around my belly

Symptoms: " />

Answer:

I do understand your concern. You have a body mass index of 30.2, which falls in the obese category. Also it does not help that your diet consists of fried foods, ice creams and cookies. While each individual is different the general advice and proven way to loose weight is to stick to  healthy eating and maintain a healthy lifestyle. Losing weight is not easy and it take strong will and determination. But if you are determined, you can definitely lose weight by maintaining a healthy lifestyle. The following will benefit you :

Never eat deep fried foods, even if they are vegetarian. Take whole grain foods over white flour enriched foods.
Always choose water over any fruit juices or soft drinks.
Eat 3 small meals and 2 snacks daily.
Reduce the quantity of calories you intake.
Never eat before bed. Your last meal should be at least 3 hours before going to sleep.
Exercise 5x per week for at least 30 minutes.
Get adequate rest and sleep (atleast 8 hours a day)

I wish you well, take care.

Have a Question? Ask The Doctor Here.

Sign In to join in the conversation.