14 days late for my period

Patient

Q: I am i think 14 days late for my period, i have been off the pill for 2 months now.. yesterday i spotted brownish stuff and it went away.. this morning i took a home pregnancy test and it came out negative what should i do? could i still be pregnant?

Doctor

A:   After 14 days of your menses due date, Home pregnancy test Positive results should be obtained, however since this test is not a 100% accurate it is recommended to take 2 or even 3 tests.I suggest you to take another HPT using the first urine of the morning. This contains more concentration of the Hormone of pregnancy or HCG. If you continue to have negative results and also no menses show up, I will recommend you to consult your gynecologist Firstly to rule out pregnancy with a Blood Pregnancy Test and Hormonal imbalance. I wish you the best.