15 and i cant get rid of stretch marks with cream

Patient

Q: I have stretch marks, im 15 and i cant get rid of them. i have tried cream but have had no joy and its really embarrassing please help

Doctor

A:   Thanks for your question.

Unfortunately there are no creams that can effectively treat stretch marks. Some lasers can help to reduce the redness of some stretch marks. Besides that, the only way to get rid of stretch marks is surgical excision.

Please be careful about creams that may claim to be beneficial as there is no scientific evidence to support it. Don't waste your money on any of these creams as they do not work.