15 years ago I started getting a slight pull in my ribs

Q: 15 years ago I started getting a slight pull in my ribs.it would happen every once in a while and then not happen again for years.it started getting worse and went from once in a while to all the time. It's no longer just my chest . My bones in my upper body (arms and shoulder and jaw inclued) feel like they are being bent and as if they are trying to break . I sleep some day 18 hours and it never seems like enough . There has not been one pain med my doctor has perscribed that has worked.i have been treated like I am crazy and put on antidepressants . I have been hurting for the past 3 years at least 80% of that time. Even my inner ear hurts when it's at it's worst. I do get pain injections at a pain clinic but it's more helping my muscles that I tense up during a flair up then it helps with the other issues. I have legs that fall asleep constantly and my arms I some days go with no feeling in them at all other then the bone feeling like it wants to explode. I have been pretty much treated like a junky or a person who just wants attention so I have stopped all visits to doctors except an arthritis specialist I forced my family doctor to make a referral to.i have not seen her yet due to long wait times . I guess my question would be is there any ideas you have that could be taken with me to the specialist that may help find answers . I can't handle any more pain it's making life harder to live each day and has ruined any social life I had . I can't even lift bread some days . This is not in my head I hurt I hurt from a 10 on the bad days and a 4 on the better days but never complete releif . It feels like I am wearing a heating pad on the areas that hurt the most during the bad flair ups . Please believe me this is not in my head even my toes have been in pain from this . I just need some guidance to start asking the right questions because honestly if this keeps getting worse I don't know how much more I can handle . I screamed in pain for 7 hours last night while on a perscribed naproxin and there was no relief at all . I have fainted over the amount of pain this has caused me yet doctors still treat me like I am lying and I just don't know what else I can do .

A:   Hello
Welcome to Ask The Doctor.

You seem to be suffering from Acute Muscular Spasm, but we should always rule out any evidence of cervical disc problem in such cases.
I would advise you to get:
1. X-ray Cervical spine to rule out any disc prolapse.
2. 2. ESR, Serum calcium and vitamin D levels.
For acute muscular pain i advise following:
1. A combination of pain killer and muscle relaxant containing Diclofenac and Thiocolchicoside.
2. To do hot fomentation of the affected area.
3. To apply Diclofenac ointment locally.
4. To get physiotherapy done particularly Ultrasonic heat massage.
Your pain would start getting better in 5 days.

Share my opinion with your doctor before you act upon it.
I hope it helps.
Stay Healthy