17 years old and i have been 6 days almost

Patient : 17 years old and i have been 6 days almost 7 days late on my period, the last time i had sex was on December 11, but i got my period on January and it lasted 2 days longer than usual. Should i be concerned? i am getting cramps but nothing else and no sign of my period. Could i be pregnant or is it all due to stress and weather and emotional stress?
Doctor :   Hello, Thanks for the query, if you have had your menses in january then it is unlikely that you would be pregnant f rom sexual encounter in december. This time when your cycles have been delayed by more than 7 days now , then it is important to rule out pregnancy first to allay any anxiety associated with it. if the test is negative, then the symptoms which you are experiencing can be attributed to PMS symptoms which indicate that your menses shall ensue in few days and the possible delay in the cycles is due to stress induced hormonal imbalances during the month. you may wait for at least 15 days post missed periods to wait for your menses to return , else you may consider a progesterone withdrawal bleed to resume your menses. I hope i have answered your query in detail, wishing you good health, regards