19 days late negative hpt

Patient : Hi, my name is Ciara and I'm hoping too have a baby. My last period started on Nov. 5 and my cycle is 32-33 days on average. I had unprotected sex on December 1st and my husband ejaculated on me, the 5th I had light brown discharge and it lasted 6 days with no cramps. Usually my period is very very heavy and very painful. I took a pregnancy test about a week and a half ago and it was negative. ): I also had some cold symptoms around the Time of my expected period. Please help me.
Symptoms:  Cold symptoms around expected period, slightly swollen/tender breast
Doctor :   Hello, If your pregnancy test is negative after 19 days of missed period, then conception is ruled out for sure. As yo u mentioned that your cycles have been of 32-35 day regularity, and you had unprotected sex on 1st Dec, in the last week of your expected menses. It has to be understood that this time you had scanty menses on 5th that lasted for 6 days and stopped. Stress and anxiety during the cycle per se can cause hormonal imbalance and can delay the cycle or make it hyper or polymenorrhoeic, so it's possible that the symptoms you are experiencing like swollen and tender breasts are probably part of premenstrual syndrome.They usually indicate that the menses are going to ensue again in few days and this time your cycle is going to be shorter than usual. If you don't resume your menses in next 5-6 days, review with a physician for an ultrasound pelvis to look for thickness of endometrium and also to confirm ruling out pregnancy before a progesterone withdrawal can be contemplated for resuming menses. I hope I have answered your query in detail, wishing you good health, regards