Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > 19 years old, been on the generic form of sprintec

19 years old, been on the generic form of sprintec

Patient: 19 years old, been on the generic form of sprintec for a month and 2 weeks. No smoking and my period is due in 2-3 weeks. I have a mild soreness in my breasts and nipples, wearing or not wearing a bra doesn’t irritate them. Is this a problem or a normal hormonal thing?

Doctor: Thank you for writing to us.Taking any form of oral Contraception can cause breast soreness and headaches. These are common side effects of taking OCPs. However, if you wish to continue avoiding pregnancy you should continue.The best thing you can do is to see your Gynecologist to lower the dose and consequently reduce the side effects as well.Hope this helps you. All the best.