19 yr old female Chest/heart pain when upset/sad SEVERE and

Patient : 19 yr old female. Chest/heart pain when upset/sad. SEVERE and lasts all night
Doctor :   Hello. Welcome to Ask The Doctor. I understand your concern. Such chest pains during stress occurs because of Anxiety only and we label then Non specific Cardiac chest pains. But we should always keep in consideration Cardiac Chest pain and Acid reflux. It is important to differentiate between the all. However, the Cardiac chest pain is severe and crushing in nature. It increases on activity like walking, exercising. It also radiated to left arm. In such scenario, you should get an ECG and Chest X-ray done, if they are normal, i would advise you to go for Treadmill test and ECHO. If they are also normal,then the pain is not due to Cardiac issues. For acid reflux, i would advise you to take a combination of Pantoprazole and Domperidone once a day. For anxiety, you would be treated with anti anxiety drugs like Etizolam. If any abnormality is found, in Treadmill Test and ECHO, then an angiography should be performed. Share my opinion with your doctor before acting upon it. I hope it helps. Stay Healthy