1st ultrasound concern

Patient

Q: I just found out a couple weeks ago that i am pregnant with my first. I am 5 weeks 4 days pregnant. I had an early ultrasound two days ago because i was really bloated and they said all looked well but they may have seen a tiny 4-5mm trace of blood behind the placenta but weren't for sure. They said it could have also been thickening of the uterine wall. Is this something i need to worry about? I haven't had any spotting.

Doctor

A:   Hello
Thanks for the query
As of now there is nothing to worry about as it is an early pregnancy and what they have seen on ultrasound is a very minimal spot. Since you have had no spotting as well, it reduces our concern.Suggest you to repeat the ultrasound after 2 weeks to ensure everything is fine. In case of any vaginal bleeding or cramps, kindly report to your gynecologist immediately.Many a times even larger blood clots from the placenta resolve by themselves.You may need hormonal support in case of any symptoms, do not physically exert yourself till your next follow up
Hope this helped.