Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > 2 days ago I had unprotected sex, we used the

2 days ago I had unprotected sex, we used the

Patient: 2 days ago I had unprotected sex, we used the pull out method. I have taken the emergency contraceptive pill and I would like to know, do I still have a chance of being pregnant?

Doctor: Hello,Thanks for the query.You have done a right thing by taking an emergency contraceptive pill after an unprote cted intercourse to avoid unwanted pregnancy. The pill shall make the endometrium unfavourable for implantation and also initiate a withdrawal bleed within 5-7 days from the pill intake. this may lead to shedding of the endometrium and hence if the bleeding occurs, pregnancy chances are ruled out completely.I hope I have been clear in my explanations.Wishing you safe sexual practices.Regards