2 items of concern: - a bump (pale, pinkish color) on

Q: 2 items of concern:
- a bump (pale, pinkish color) on tip of nose that has become more red recently. Does not bleed. There is flaking not on spot but around it...but almost all of nose flaking recently. Cause for concern?

-a reddish patch on columella that is sore & flakes. Also reddish flaky patches around nostrils but this main one is static in color/flakiness. Concern?

2 items of concern: - a bum...-1

A:   Welcome to Ask The Doctor. I have read your query in detail, have seen the attached photograph too and i understand your concern.

As per details, the most likely possibility for your symptoms is a condition of skin called Rosacea.
It is characterised by red colored bumps mainly on and around nostrils and on cheeks.

It is usually associated with photosensitivity, grittiness in eyes, facial flushing.
The various precipitating factors for this condition are exposure to hot or cold, emotional disturbance, spicy food.
For treatment, I prefer to advise topical metronidazole gel, clindamycin.
It responds very well to oral doxycycline.

Visit your doctor so that he can do physical examination and give you prescription.
You can share my opinion with him. I hope it helps.
Stay healthy.