Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > 2 kiwis per night causing reaction?

2 kiwis per night causing reaction?

Patient: I have been participating in a medical study for the past 3 weeks where I am supposed to eat 2 kiwis every night, an hour before bed. A week and a half ago, my left arm went numb and now my other arm is numb as well. It is very uncomfortable. Could this be a reaction to the kiwis? Should I drop out of the study? I have no other known allergies and no health problems.

Doctor: Hi.Thanks for your query.Kiwis are not known to give such symptoms and you should not drop out of the studies unle ss you have local problems in the mouth and throat or stomach. This is a fruit, makes very healthy, is a good anti-oxidant.It is possible that you have a problems with the cervical spine. Consult an Orthopedic Surgeon for clinical evaluation, physical examination and X-rays or MRI whichever is advised by your Doctor.Till then do not do any activity which can increase you problems.I hope this answer helps you to make things clearer to get a roper diagnosis and treatment.