October 24, 2018

2 months late but negative hpt

Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > 2 months late but negative hpt

Patient: Im 2 months late, negative hpt about 3-4 weeks ago, have been to my gp but they dont seem interested, i dont know what else to do?

Symptoms: Missed period, headaches, mood swings, nausea but no sickness, cramps

Doctor: Hello,Thanks for the query.In your age group, it is generally seen that the menses may get irregular due to immat urity of hormonal levels and hence the possible delay. If you have had regular menses earlier , and then when you are 2 months late with the pregnancy test negative, then you need evaluation with a hormonal profile and an ultrasound pelvis. If the scans and hormonal profile is insignificant, then based on the endometrial thickness, which if more than 10mm now, you can be given a withdrawal bleed with progesterones to resume your menses.However, with the premenstrual symptoms that you are experiencing, it is suggested that you should wait for a few more days to allow natural initiation or onset of menses.I hope I have answered your query.Regards

Was this answer helpful?
Yes
No