Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > 2 weeks my foreskin has been swollen and the head

2 weeks my foreskin has been swollen and the head

Patient: 2 weeks my foreskin has been swollen and the head of penis has dry skin and itches now I have two small bumps under the surface of my scrotum skin

Doctor: Hi.Thanks for your query and an elucidate history.The commonest cause of swelling of the foreskin and the glans is balanoposthitis. The infection might have spread to the scrotal skin too.I would advise you the following:- Clean the area with plain water as many times as possible, without soap or any chemical.-You may apply liquid povidone iodine locally and metronidazole ointment locally.Take a course of an antibiotic and metronidazole orallyAvoid hot and humid places, keep the area well aerated.And get your sex partner treated.Hope this helps you.