2 year old sick for 2 days

Patient

Q: I have baby almost two years old he has been sick for the past 2 days no he has a lot of mucus is hard for him to sleep. What can I do to make him feel better?

Doctor

Thank you for your medical query at AskTheDoctor.com

Your baby has a lot of upper respiratory tract congestion, making it difficult for him to sleep. I will advise you to consult your pediatrician and start the baby on an antihistaminic syrup like Levocetirizine. You can give the baby one teaspoon before sleeping, and the nasal congestion will slowly reduce. If the symptoms persist, he will need an antibiotic and a god choice antibiotic would be Syrup Amoxicillin 1 teaspoon twice daily for 3-5 days.

Hope this was helpful,
Regards.