20 days extra pregnancy test negative

Patient : Sir my gf have not their periods nd it may 20 days extra. Nd prgancy test (urine). Is coming negative. den why delay in periods. plz suggesg me ASAP.
Doctor :   Thank you for your query. Occasionally periods can be delayed either due to hormonal imbalance, ovulation problem or be cause of stress, strain, extreme weight loss or gain etc. To rule out pregnancy, it is better to opt for a blood test for pregnancy for the hormone called as βhCG or see the doctor who will do a scan to diagnose the underlying cause for delay in the period. Hope that answers your query. Have a good day.