20 weeks pregnant and few days I have had side pain on the right just under my ribs and in my groin area

Patient

Q: I'm currently 20 weeks pregnant. The last few days I have had side pain the last day on the right just under my ribs and in my groin area. I've read it most likely round ligament pain but, I'm not sure. it worsens when I walk and move around. It's hard to get comfortable. Any idea of what it could be?

Doctor

A:   Hello Dear, The pain you are experiencing under the ribs and groin area may be because of the growing uterine size. Nothing much can be done, to totally get rid of the pain. Probably you can try some relief measures like take rest when you seem to have more pain by lying down and use comfortable cushions to support your uterus. You can also consult a doctor who may do scan to see if everything is alright and suggest some mild pain relievers which are safe during pregnancy and may also suggest some vitamin D3 supplements to relieve you of the ligament pain.
Hope this answer your query.