Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > 20 Weeks pregnant and worried I ate small pieces of

20 Weeks pregnant and worried I ate small pieces of

Patient: 20 Weeks pregnant and worried I ate small pieces of pink hamburger

Doctor: Hello,Thanks for the query.There is no need to worry. Just wait and watch for any gastro intestinal symptoms lik e nausea and vomiting or loose stools and pain abdomen. If you experience any of these, visit a doctor immediately. Otherwise stay calm and do not panic. It wouldn’t cause any harm with a single exposure.Hope this helpsRegards

Patient: Thank you very much. Are these symptoms to show in first 48 hours? I am assuming if I don’t feel them in that time period that I am alright.

Doctor: Yes the symptoms show up.quite soon. If it is beyond 72 hours don’t worry