20 year old female thinning hair!!

Q: I am a 20 year old female and have been experiencing hair loss for the past four months on my left temple. It has started to slightly burn on the left side of my head, and I have some flakes over my whole head, but I normally have dandruff in the winter. Since I first noticed the hair thinning, I quit using any heat on my hair and try not to brush it or tough it too often. I have been eating healthier and take a multivitamin, and I started using head and shoulders shampoo. I also have stopped coloring my hair. I had my hair colored 3 times in 2013. What could be the reason for my hair loss and is it permanent? It is embarrassing to wear my hair up because it looks like I'm balding.

Symptoms:  Hair loss on my left temple. Slight burning/tingling in that area. Some flakes all over head.