20 years old, late period, not pregnant?

Patient: My period is 10 days late. I have never been on birth control. My boyfriend and I had sex with a condom in June and once in July also with a condom and not while I was fertile. I don’t think I am pregnant but I am so confused as to why it is so late when it’s normally regular. I had my normal pre period symptoms such as bloating, breaking out and moodiness but no period, now these symptoms are pretty much gone. Should I be worried?

Doctor: Thank you for your question. According to the Center for Disease control of the United States, the failure rate of condo ms is around 18%. Even though that you used barrier protection when you had sexual intercourse, there is still a possibility that you still could have become pregnant. Since you are ten days late, and you have never had such symptoms before we recommend that you go to your doctor to conduct a pregnancy test. This will be the only way to be certain that you are pregnant or not.Thank you you for choosing Askthedoctor.com

View all posts