25 weeks pregnant having tightness and pain in belly

Patient

Q: 25 weeks pregnant having tightness and pain in belly n pain leaning over should I go to hospital

Doctor

A:   Hi,

With the progression of gestational age, some amount of tightness of the abdomen can be seen as Braxton Hicks contractions occur.
These are infrequent, irregular, painless contractions, which will subside soon without need of treatment.
Taking adequate water and fluids, avoiding retention of urine, rhythmic breathing, changing position, lying preferably in left lateral position etc can decrease tightness and mild pain.
If tightness and pain persist even after these measures, better to consult your doctor and get evaluated to rule out the possibility of premature uterine contractions.

Take care.