25yo male seeks help for undiagnosed knee pain

Q: I am looking for information related to the cause of constant knee pain in both knees. I am 25 years old and been experiencing identical pain in both knees for several months. I cannot afford to take off work to "rest" as been recommended and will not do so until I identify the diagnosis of the knee pain. I have been tested for arthritis and other disorders and the results were negative. Xrays several months ago were also negative. Since then the pain has worsened. When they are at their worst, I experience a aching quad pain in addition to the knee pain. When bending at the knees or kneeling I experience a sharp pain running on the inner part of my leg along side my knee cap running from the top of my shin to the quad. At the end of the pain on the top of the shin is an extremely sore spot located in the same spot on both knees. It is not a bulge or a lump such as with osgood-schlatters (I had this as a teen) but it is located on the inner side of the leg about an inch or two away from where those lumps occurred. I have tried OTC pain relief, ice/heat therapy, whirlpool, elevation and rest and received no symptom relief. They are particularly at their worst when I have to do a lot of stairs at work. Any answers or leads as to what condition this might be would be greatly appreciated. I have been advised to get an MRI, but I cannot justify it without getting a possible diagnosis first as my insurance will not cover all of it. The MRI seems to be more of an exploratory thing and if it reveals nothing then it is wasted money and I'd rather know ahead of time what they are looking for in the MRI. Thanks!

Symptoms:  Knee pain starting from top of shin to quad located on inner side of knee along the knee cap. Worse when kneeling and bending at knees and taking stairs. Sore spot located below knee cap on inner part of leg which is pointed to in attached pictures along with the line in which i experience pain. Aching quad pain when knees are at their worst
25yo male seeks help for un...-1 25yo male seeks help for un...-2 25yo male seeks help for un...-3