27 weeks pregnant, I was told to take 300mg of

Patient : 27 weeks pregnant, I was told to take 300mg of Gabapentin before sleep due to sleep issues and my neurologist had said that it was a better choice than Ambien. I took the Gabapentin for the first time tonight...I took it at 11pm and I'm up at 4am - I've been feeling as if I'm going nuts. I need help.
Doctor :   Hi, Thanks for the query. I understand your concern. Gabapentin can present with side effects like loss of balan ce, dizziness etc. But usually minor side effects may subside soon and you may get accustomed to gabapentin. If side effects persist, better to consult your doctor once and get evaluated. Gabapentin belongs to category C drugs in pregnancy, means animal studies have demonstrated few adverse effects on fetus whereas sufficient human studies are lacking. So, while using Gabapentin you need regular antenatal checkups and ultrasound examinations to detect any possible anomaly at the earliest. Take care