27y/o female, left temple vein pops out intermittently and t

Patient: 27y/o female, left temple vein pops out intermittently and today I’m experiencing a twinge of pain right above the temple about a cm from the hairline. Should temporal arteritis be a concern? Should I seek immediate care?

Doctor: Hi.Thanks for your query and understanding about the problem you have .Read and understood the history of popping of left temporal artery (left temple vein as you have mentioned), but today you are experiencing a twinge of pain on the right side above the temple about 1 cm from hairline.One of the commonest reasons for such pains at the sites you have mentioned are:-Temporal arteritis, as you have rightly suspecting.- Migraine, is basically a vascular headache.- Stress and anxiety add-on can give tender muscle and can cause similar headaches.Yes, seeking immediate medical care helps to confirm or rule out certain disorders, your vitals are checked, particularly the blood pressure as hypertension can also cause pains like this. In addition the investigations are done and give clues to the proper diagnosis. And you get proper prescription of medicines and reference to the Specialist if thought necessary.I hope this answer helps you, please feel free to ask relevant questions if you need to or if you feel that there is a gap of communication.