Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > 29 year old female with the feeling of throat tightness

29 year old female with the feeling of throat tightness

Patient: 29 year old female with the feeling of throat tightness x 1 week. I feel ok in the morning and as the day progresses it feels tighter and tighter. It gets quite scare at times. Breathing is fine. PMH is significant for asthma. NKDA. Currently on ventolin prn

Doctor: Hi.Thanks for your query.Noted your history of feeling of tightness of throat since 1 week – increases as the day p asses by and becomes tighter and tighter. You are an asthmatic under treatment.The most probable cause would be as follows:The muscles that form the pharynx and the neck get fatigued over as the time passes and hence that feeling and hence the tightness.I would advise you the following:Voice rest.small frequent sips of warm water to keep the throat muscles relaxed.The anti-inflammatory medications that are safe in asthma like oral steroids or serratiopeptidase and antibiotics if needed on examination by your Doctor, preferably and ENT Surgeon should solve your problem.I hope this answers your query.