2y/o w/intestinal issues, vomits aftr vigorous coughin

Patient : My son has had a cough, stuffy nose, fever sporadically and just all around felt sick. he has a history of having a diaphragmatic hernia, at day 6 of life he had surgery. Then at 9 months, you had an intestinal blockage which ended up with 10 centimetres being removed out of his intestine. I'm worried now because his cough has been almost over 2 weeks long and now every time he has a coughing fit, he throws up. I have taken him to the local doctor and and being told that he has a virus, this virus that he has apparently is really attacking his poor body he is only two, please let me know what I can do to help him out.
Symptoms:  Coughing, stuffy nose at night, runny nose during the day, fever, vomiting.
Doctor :   Thank you for contacting ask the doctor. Cystic Fibrosis is a congenital defect in the gene causing a change in the prot ein responsible for the salt movement in and out of the cells. This results in the cells producing mucus, sweat and digestive juices being damaged leading to thick mucus and salty sweat and intestinal obstruction as the secretions become thick and sticky. This disorder affects the lungs and the digestive system. I recommend a visit to the pediatrician and getting a sweat test and genetic test done in case the child was not screened for Cystic fibrosis at birth. after the diagnosis a serious of tests (lung examination, sputum culture & organ function tests ) can be performed. There is no cure for the disorder but it is essential that the symptomatic treatment be directed to relieve the lung infections, intestinal obstructions and providing good nutrition for growth and development. Hope this information was useful.