3 chromosomal misses

Patient: 3 chromosomal misscarriages. normal karyotype. is there another test I should have. what are my chances of a 4thnormal pregnancy

Symptoms: No symptome

Doctor: Hi,Thanks for the query.I understand your concern.As you and your husband are having normal karyotyping, it i s difficult to guess the possibility of chromosomal abnormalities in babies.Usually after three miscarriages there is around 65% chance of having a normal pregnancy.You should have regular antenatal checkups and ultrasound examinations.Ultrasound examination at around 11th week and TIFA (Targeted imaging for fetal anomalies) at around 20th week are important.Blood investigations like a quadruple test at around 18th week is advised.If the doctor recommends you can go for amniocentesis at around 14th week.You should start taking folic acid supplementation from three months before planning for pregnancy.Take care.

View all posts