3 positive pregnancy tests, but negative blood test. Could I still be pregnant?

Q: I had my period 3.22.14 on 4.14.14 had a blood test came back negative. today i took 3 of them they came back positive. i was supposed to have my period 4.18.14 never came. My Doctor says i am not B/C blood came back negative. Can i be pregnant even though blood came back negative but the HPT came back positive?

Symptoms:  tender sore breasts, always tired, backaches more than usual, sometime im feeling a little nausseous.

A:   Thank you for your query.

Generally a blood test for βhCG gives more accurate results on whether a woman is pregnant or not. It is more reliable when compared to a home pregnancy kit. Since you got the blood test done to early i.e. on day 24 itself of the menstrual cycle, it may have given a negative result. It is advisable to opt for a repeat blood test today or directly go for a trans vaginal ultrasound scan to see if there is a gestational sac in the uterus or an endometrial thickening to confirm a pregnancy in the uterus.
Hope that answers your query.

Have a good day.