Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > 3 weeks ago I lost my son and got an emergency c-section

3 weeks ago I lost my son and got an emergency c-section

Patient: 3 weeks ago I lost my son and got an emergency c-section and they ended up cutting in inch below my belly button down anyways I just went to the doctors today and it looked swollen but they said it’s cause it healed to fast and the drainage couldn’t get out so they drained it and it’s starting to fill up again what should I do

Doctor: Hello,Thanks for the query.It seems that you have had a secondary wound infection which is causing accumulation of discharge and needs immediate attention. Hence kindly see a doctor immediately and get it examined. You may need to undergo a re-exploration and secondary suturing under antibiotic cover.Hope this helped.Regards