3 weeks along and started spotting

Patient: My girlfriend got pregnant in mid January. She was almost 3weeks along when she started spotting. Then the next day she bled for two days but it disappeared out of nowhere. We are thinking she had a chemical pregnancy, but her periods last 6days heavy and after the pregnancy she had no more periods. Her regular cycle did not come back.Now she would about 5months. Why I am asking about an opinion because she started getting symptoms that second term pregnant women get. Her abdomen under her ribs and above her belly button is hard. She’s tired, nauseous (its over now), urinates frequently, more acne, weight gain in stomach, cravings of her favorite foods went away. We have no idea what’s happening.Could it be we never lost the baby? All is appreciated, thanks.

Doctor: Thank you for your query.It is advisable that you take her to doctor immediately. The doctor can do a scan & diagn ose the reason & confirm on her pregnancy status.Hope that answers your query. Have a good day.