35 weeks pregnant, Stabbing pain lower abdomen.

Patient : I'm 35 weeks pregnant and lastnight I had a sharp stabbing pain in my pelvic area. It lasted for a few minutes then happened twice. Could the baby be dropping or could it just be Braxton Hicks Contractions?
Doctor :   Though most cases of pelvic pain in the third trimester are harmless, it is important to rule out pain from serious caus es such as preterm labour, placental abruption, preeclampsia and urinary tract infection. I would suggest that you see your doctor for an examination and appropriate tests.