35 year old married with 2 children Blood streaked mucous

Q: 35 year old married with 2 children. Blood streaked mucous after sex 5 days before period due. Stopped within 12 hours and no other symptoms like pain etc All paps current and always normal. Should I be concerned? I don't want to panic or see a dr unless I should be worried (I have bad health anxiety and am learning to balance necessary vs unnecessary worry)

Symptoms:  Blood streaked mucous after sex 5 days before period due. Stopped within 12 hours.

A:   Thank you for writing to us.

If you had milk cough or only a small amount of blood, I would not worry too much about it. Cough is a violent expulsion of air out of the mouth. This force can cause some damage to the mucous lining of the mouth. This damage is what causes the streaks of blood in the mouth.

The streaks should stop in 2 to 3 days. If they do not, please see a Doctor to get help for it.

Hope this helps you. All the best.