37 yr old African American female Endometrium stripe 12 mm

Q: 37 yr old African American female. Endometrium stripe 12 mm thicken and heterogeneous 14 days after menses. should I be concern with the size of the stripe?

The endomterial thickness is on the higher side for the menstrual day 14 of the where in it is expected to be around 7 mm. Increased endomterial thickness could mean endometrial hyperplasia and endometrial cancer too. The above conditions need to be ruled out. A pregnancy must be ruled out as well.

Consult a gynecologist for an examination and investigations like pap smear, fractional currettage and endometrial biopsy if needed to rule out the above causes and treat you accordingly.

Do not worry at this stage but kindly follow it up with the doctor.
Endometrial currettage, mirena, and even surgical intervention like hysterectomy are treatment options depending on the diagnosis.

Hope this helped.