39 weeks pregnant and had a slimy clear discharge

Q: Im 39 weeks pregnant. I went to the bathroom and wiped and there was a slimy clear discharge. I used the ph strips from walmart and it was in the 7.8-8.4 range. Could it be the mucous plug making my ph level go that high?

A:   The pH of the vagina is generally acidic. Having a pH higher than 7.5 along with a clear discharge could mean that your bag of waters is leaking.
Inform your nurse or doctor or midwife about the same and seek a consultation immediately. If your waters have indeed broken, you will most likely go into labour soon. Your midwife or doctor will most likely give you the option of waiting for 24 hours or an induction of labour. Waiting beyond 24 hours increases the risk of the baby contracting an infection and is ill-advised. Hope everything goes well for you and wish you all the very best for a successful labour.