Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > 4 negative pregnancy tests, could I still be pregnant?

4 negative pregnancy tests, could I still be pregnant?

Patient: I am on birth control, I always use a condom, and the pull out method. My last period was only brown discharge for about 3-4 days. It started about April 12. The last time I had sex was about a month ago (the week of March 24) and even after 4 negative pregnancy tests, I am still worried that I might be pregnant. My next period isn’t supposed to come for about 2 more weeks. I got a urine test done at my doctor’s office today but haven’t gotten the results yet. If that comes back negative also, is there still a chance I could be pregnant?

Doctor: Thank you for your query.Since you say that you have not had any sexual intercourse after 24th of March 2014, if the pregnancy test you gave in today comes negative then the chances for you to be still pregnant are meek from that episode of sexual intercourse on the 24th of March.Hope that answers your query.Have a good day.