4 year old taking 2 allergy medicines

Patient

Q: Hello, I gave my daughter (4 years old) Children's Benadryl to clear up an allergic reaction that was going on with her eye. She usually gets Allegra at bedtime daily for her allergies. Am I able to give her Allegra at bedtime if earlier today I gave her Benadryl?

Doctor

Thanks for the query to ATD for an opinion,
Benadryl is an antihistamine. Diphenhydramine blocks the effects of the naturally occurring chemical histamine in the body.Benadryl is used to treat sneezing; runny nose; itching, watery eyes; hives; rashes; itching; and other symptoms of allergies and the common cold.
The usual dose of benadryl for ages greater than or equal to 2 to less than 6 years is 6.25 mg orally every 4 to 6 hours, not to exceed 37.5 mg/24 hours. So if you have given the dose about 6 hrs back then you can safely use her usual allegra medication at bed time without any side effects at all.

I hope i have answered your query,

Patient: It has only been 3 hours ago, so should I wait and give her Allegra in the morning?
Doctor: In that case you should definitely wait. yes , you may give allegra in the morning.