Ask The Doctor » Questions & Answers » 4 year old white stool

4 year old white stool

Patient: My 4 year old daughter has white/chalky stool at first it was pasty now diarhea like for the past 4 days, no other symptoms.. Eats and plays normally. Something I should be concerned about?

Symptoms: White/chalky stool

Doctor: Hello,Thanks for choosing “Ask the Doctor” for posting your query.I understand your concerns but I would like to tell you that the commonest cause of diarrhea in kids is viral (caused by rotavirus) which settles on its own. However, you should maintain the electrolyte fluid balance to maintain the hydration of the kid. Give her ORS and normal food to eat. However, if the symptoms persist or frequency gets increased, you should take the kid to a doctor who can then assess for any other cause.Other causes may be bacterial or parasitic infection, reaction to certain foods or medicines. Maintain proper hygiene. Look for any signs of lethargy or dehydration in kidHope I am able to answer your concerns.Wish you good health!

View all posts