4 year old with pimple on nose for a few weeks

Patient

Q: My 4 year old daughter has had a red pimple on her nose for a few weeks. What is the best way to treat it?

Symptoms:  Pimple on nose
4 year old with pimple on n...-1
Doctor

A:   Thank you for your question. This red spot on your son’s nose seems to be a comedone (pimple). Usually these resole without complication in a few days but sometimes they can be more persistent. Topical corticosteroid cream can assist in treating this effectively. Please have your doctor examine this area to determine if this prescription will help treat this lesion on your son’s nose.

Thank you for consulting AskTheDoctor.com