Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > 43 year old female 25 year smokerhave sinus and seasonal

43 year old female 25 year smokerhave sinus and seasonal

Patient: 43 year old female. 25 year smoker.have sinus and seasonal allergies. had 2 sinus surgeries. I take advair vitamin d iron and just finished clindamycin and prednisone. have a touch of thrush and red patches roof of mouth. had chest xray 2 months ago. was clear. pulmonology spirometrt was good. question is I have this irritated throat like wheezing in it down esophagus and this horrible sour taste coming from mucus. had thrush before and post nasal drip but never this tight wheezing feeling and yukky taste. any ideas

Doctor: Hi.Thanks for your query.Read your history carefully and understood your concerns.The most probable reasons for yo ur symptoms are:- question is I have this irritated throat like wheezing in it down esophagus> Due to the congestion, edema and excessive mucus production in response to the problems that you have, there is relative narrowing of the nasopharyngeal airway, that can give the irritated throat like wheezing.Once the inflammation settles, the signs and symptoms too will be well recovered.- and this horrible sour taste coming from mucus. had thrush before and post nasal drip but never this tight wheezing feeling and yukky taste. any ideas> This can be due to the following reasons:- Infection- The byproducts of some medicines get secreted into the saliva and mucus giving this taste.- Anything inhaled or ingested can also get stuck up with mucus and get you the taste.I hope this answers your queries, please feel free to ask for further relevant queries if you feel that there is a gap of communication.

Patient: pics of roof of mouth.

Patient: pics of roof of mouth.

Patient: pics of roof of mouth.

Patient: red patches roof of mouth

Patient: pics of mouth
red patches

Patient: pics of mouth
red patches

Patient: pics of mouth
red patches

Doctor: The pictures could not be loaded.
Please try to post again and also send by email to
[email protected]

Patient: red patches roof of mouth as been sent.

Doctor: Thanks for your pictures by email.
It shows red patches on the soft palate, coated tongue, follicle in the left tonsil.
All these findings go in favor of an infection which may be bacterial or viral in origin.
The red patches as seen in the picture you have provided can be due to many factors like viral/ bacterial infection, This is not characteristic of any single disease.

Patient: So not thrush or throat cancer?

Patient: Or from clindamycin or seasonal allergies

Doctor: Thrush will have white coating with red lining, it can develop overnight.
Better to apply anti-fungal oral applications, when in doubt.
Does not look like oral cancer.
It is better to concentrate on what it looks like.
Seasonal allergies do not cause such lesions.
Clindamycin can be implemented if the lesions started after use of Clindamycin.
I had talked about the commonest causes first.
……….
follow ups are allowed per question.
This was the third and complete answer.
Please ask fora fresh new query and give query ID : 501659