Ask The Doctor > Pending > 46 y/o male, non-smoker, non-drinker, no drugs In excellent

46 y/o male, non-smoker, non-drinker, no drugs In excellent

Patient: 46 y/o male, non-smoker, non-drinker, no drugs. In excellent physical shape. No history (mine or my family) of heart disease. On Venlafaxine for anxiety and depersonalization.Is it common to have fasciculations in the muscles AROUND the heart? A few days ago I started having occasional twitching near my heart. I think it’s upper abdominal muscles, but it’s hard to be sure. Since it’s so near my heart, it causes me great concern. The episodes happen four or five times a day and last about five seconds. They come out of nowhere – nothing in particular sets them off. I’m freaking out over this!

Doctor: