Thursday, October 29, 2020

5 ways to use left over juice pulp

When my friend Tairlyn got a new Breville Juicer (we are giving away a Breville Juice Fountain Cold at the bottom of this post!) and asked me to come over to help her create a juice recipe that the whole family could enjoy, I was all over it. Honestly, there is nothing better than fresh, cold pressed juice. And we came up with a doozy, as in a super delicious recipe. The only thing I realized after we made it, was that there was a lot of leftover pulp. But it did not go to waste because we found 5 really great ways to use leftover juice pulp.

I’m going to share the 5 ways to use leftover juice pulp, but first I wanted to share the yummy juice recipe we made, a Green Pineapple Refresher.

Green Pineapple Juice Recipe

To make 3-4 delicious glasses, you need:
– 1 pinapple
– 3 green apples
– 6-8 large kale leaves

Now the big thing that Tairalyn and I both love about this Breville Juice Fountain Cold is that you don’t need to cut or deseed the apple, you don’t need to take the hard stems out of the kale and you don’t even need to take the skin off the pineapple, the juicer does it all for you, such a time saver! On top of that, it’s easy to clean and dishwasher safe! (For more info on all the awesomeness of the Breville Juicer, check out Tairalyn’s post.)

To make the Green Pineapple Juice, add the apples & kale to the juicer. Cut off the top of the pineapple and cut into long slices, then add to the juicer. That’s it! I kid you not when I say that this was soooo good. I love it when good taste and good for you come together.

5 Ways to Use Leftover Juice Pulp

If you’re conscious of your carbon footprint and try to reduce food waste, then having all that leftover pulp might concern you. But don’t let it, because there are so many awesome ways you can use leftover juice pulp. Here are 5 of my favourite ways:

I’m sure most people do this, but I still wanted to mention it, The easiest way you can use leftover juice pulp is to compost it, easy peasy right? Here are some more creative ways to use it.

1. I would have never thought about this, but I am totally on board with Juice Pulp Muffins. This recipe looks tasty and healthy! It uses vegetable and fruit juice pulp.

Juice Pulp Muffins Recipe & Image from EatYourselfSkinny.com

2. Blend the leftover juice pulp into your smoothie for more fibre. We love smoothies in our house so this works great for us. You can put it in the fridge if you’re going to use it soon. Or you can even freeze it and use it in place of ice or frozen fruit. It would work great in this fav smoothie of mine.

Matcha Mango Smoothie

3. Your kids will love this one, use the leftover juice pulp to make popsicles! Reserve a 1/4-1/2 cup of the juice you made. Evenly add the pulp and reserved juice into popsicle moulds. Freeze and voila, healthy and delicious popsicles for the family.

4. I’m a little obsessed with the idea of juice pulp ice cubes. They would look so pretty and add flavour to your juice or water. All you need is an ice cube tray. Fill each tray half way with pulp and the rest of the way with water or even juice. Freeze and use as wanted.

5. And what about juice pulp doggy biscuits? I don’t have a dog, but I love that idea. Here’s a great recipe: Juice Pulp Doggie Biscuits.

Image Recipe from SoDeliciousDairyFree.com
Salma Dinani
Salma Dinanihttps://www.thewritebalance.ca
Salma Dinani is a health & wellness blogger, certified personal trainer and a mother of two. She has a passion to help motivate and teach others who are on their own fitness journey.

Most Popular

San Francisco declares coronavirus state of emergency

San Francisco Mayor London Breed declared a state of emergency in the city Tuesday amid heightened concerns of the new coronavirus' spread...

On The DL Episode 3: Top Miami Plastic Surgeon Dr. Leonard Hochstein

In this interview, Miami's top Plastic Surgeon Dr. Hochstein shares tips we can all use to stay looking our very best during...

Late Stage Exercises for ACL Rehab

In the video below I share some exercises focusing on power for one of my clients near the end of his ACL...

6 Things We Can Do to Achieve Glowing Healthy Skin

A healthy glow can be aesthetically pleasing, help enhance confidence, and even have the potential to ease anxieties. We prioritize obtaining a healthy...