Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > 5 weeks Pregnant experiancing: Cramping, and bloody discharge

5 weeks Pregnant experiancing: Cramping, and bloody discharge

Patient: I am five weeks pregnant and the last two days I have been spotting with light bloody discharge. I only time I see the blood is after I use restroom. I also have some cramping, not heavy cramping that is extremely painful, but strong enough to notice and become worrisome. Today my cramps feel like they are getting worse. My progesterone levels and HCG levels have been tested and are normal. I am starting to worry that these are signs my body is trying to miscarry. What could be causing the blood and cramps?

Symptoms: Blood on tissue paper, and cramping

Doctor: Thank you for your query.Slight spotting may be quite common in early pregnancy it is advisable that you also get es tradiol levels tested once, if the estradiol levels are low also spotting can occur. Don’t get very anxious be cool, take rest. It is also advisable that you go to a doctor who will do a scan to see if the gestational sac is in the uterus or in the tubes i.e an ectopic pregnancy because of which you are having pain,which is getting worse to tolerate.Hope that answers your query.Have a good day.