5 weeks pregnant with yeast infection

Patient : Is it safe to use Monistat 7 to treat a yeast infection during the 1st trimester of pregnancy?
Symptoms:  Burning, itching
Doctor :   Hello, You may avoid any form of oral or vaginal anti fungal during early pregnancy till 12 weeks and it is not advisa ble. However you may use vinegar vaginal washes to remove the infection and try to curtail it till 12 weeks at least as these are the organ forming weeks for the fetus and the basic aim is to avoid development of any form of congenital anomalies. I hope i have answered your query, Regards.