Ask The Doctor > Pending > 6 days before my cycle was due, I had a

6 days before my cycle was due, I had a

Patient: 6 days before my cycle was due, I had a thick dark brown discharge for about a day (it only left about a quarter size spot on my underwear but was present every time I wiped) that turned to a light brown “period-like” flow. That night, I had bright red blood but only when I wiped, painful bowel movements, and extremely painful cramping (which is not unusual for me however it is usually accompanied by a very heavy flow). The next day I had a heavier flow-enough to need to wear a tampon and had clots that were not very huge but it still was not as heavy as I normally am and it was really bright red when I would wipe. I also experienced some mild cramping off and on. Any idea what this could be from?

Symptoms: Brown discharge, bright red blood, cramping.

Doctor: