6 weeks baby has blisters and skin peeling all over the body

Patient

Q: My friend has a 6 week old baby. He has had blisters and peeling skin all over his body since birth and now has breathing difficulties and losing weight. Please help

Symptoms:  Blisters,peeling skin, difficulty breathing, dramatic weight loss
Doctor

A:   Thank you for your question.
Please instruct your friend to take this child immediately to the hospital for evaluation. It is possible that they have contracted a severe bacterial infection which is causing the peeling and blistering of the skin. What concerns us the most is that he is having difficulty breathing and lost weight. In a child as young as your friends, this can be life threatening. Please seek medical attention immediately.

Thank you for consulting AskTheDoctor.com